I’m not really a hippie, but I think they were onto something with that whole peace, love, and understanding idea. Cahier is a French word for notebook. I’m not French, either.
This is a place where I’m not really me, the person you would meet in an office, at a dinner party, on the street. Then again, sometimes I am more “me” here than I am in those places. If there is a theme or genre to this blog, “Le Cahier,” that is it. It’s a virtual notebook where I scribble whatever feels like coming out.
- I’m not really a humor blogger. Sometimes I’m funny, and I like to think that, whenever I can, I choose to be amused and/or fascinated. But sometimes I’m (more than) slightly annoyed. If you found your way here through one of my silly posts, you may find yourself confused when my next post is jarringly serious.
- I’m not really a liberal or a conservative. I do care about social issues, sometimes quite passionately. But. . .
- I’m not really comfortable on a soapbox. If you found your way here through one of my occasionally passionate rants, you may find yourself confused when my next post is utterly ridiculous.
- I’m not really a writer, nor do I aspire to be one. I started a blog because I’m one of those people who is more comfortable expressing myself through the written word. When I have a choice, I’m usually the quietest person in a room and when I have something to say, no one hears me anyway. But I would crumble like an analogy that I’m too lazy to think of if I had to live up to others’ expectations from my writing.
- My name isn’t really Debbie. That’s a whole other story, one that amuses me.
That’s me in a nutshell.
Also, I’m not really in a nutshell.